Effective Date: 11/04/2019 Last Updated: 03/01/2021
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our website (our “site”), place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as email, or participate in another site feature. When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, eyewear prescription data or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf our site, or use certain other features of our site in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience on our site and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive product announcement emails, we may send you periodic emails. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other features of our site such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our email list and receive email communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include GO Fitness, Inc. (“gosleeves”). It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Social Networking Sites
Google Analytics & Interest-Based Online Advertising
As you navigate through and interact with our website(s), we may utilize automatic data collection technologies (such as Google Analytics) to collect anonymized information about your site visit. We do this to help us estimate the size of our audience and their usage patterns in order to improve the user experience for everyone.
- Data collected may include, but is not limited to, demographic information like age and gender, system details like your browser version and operating system, your mobile device type if accessing the site on your phone or tablet, onsite behavior like which pages on our site that you visited and how long you stayed, and whether or not you completed any actions like making a purchase or signing up for our mailing list. Nothing collected is personally identifiable.
- You have the right to update, correct, or modify information we may have about you at any time by logging into your account, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=adsGoogle: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
We have enabled the following tracking features within Google Analytics: Demographics and Interest Reports, Advertising Reporting Features, and Remarketing.
- Users who wish to not have their data collected with Google Analytics can install the opt-out browser add-on, which prohibits information from being sent to Google Analytics.
- To opt out, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser.
- Another option is by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue by emailing email@example.com. If you are a California resident, you may request from us a notice identifying the categories of personal information we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties (under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84). If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms & Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.